Daring to delve into the technical details of the software stack/project if necessary (even if that means that you must deal with the darker corners of the Linux kernel internals or the peculiar behaviour of some embedded processor’s memory hierarchies). Desiring to achieve technical excellence while understanding that “hacks” are sometimes necessary. Someone who proactively identifies and highlights technical defects, opportunities, and risks, even when doing so is counterculture. And someone who can have a laugh when things do not turn as expected.
If this description sounds familiar to you, Strypes may be a fitting career move for you!
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Perform any of the activities of a software development life cycle: analyze, design, develop, test, debug, profile, and maintain embedded software, potentially encompassing applications, device drivers, network stacks, board support packages, real-time operating systems, and bare-metal executives;
- Produce technical documentation as required;
- Interface with clients and partners to understand their wants and needs.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience are:
- Academic background in Engineering or similar (Software, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics)
- Knowledge of C or C++ or other programming language used in embedded/systems programming context;
- Preferably with a GNU/Linux background;
- Availability to travel to our clients, in The Netherlands, on a regular basis;
- Proactive attitude, critical thinker and problem solver;
- Motivated individual with the ability to think outside the box;
- Good communication skills in English.
Enjoying our work and being proud of the things we do together. That is the foundation of Strypes. This comes together with smart and experienced colleagues to work with and, above all, to have a lot of fun with. And of course, an excellent package of benefits goes without saying.