We are looking for people who are interested in embedded software testing and would like to be challenged to own and drive the automated testing effort to ensure quality of features. Acting as a liaison to other teams in terms of testing efforts, you need to have a deep understanding of the domain. Your work will follow and improve on the standards, practices and frameworks of the broader QA team. You’ll be involved in scripting automated tests and working collaboratively with other engineers.
If this description sounds familiar to you, Strypes may be a fitting career move for you!
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Design and maintain test data, test cases and test scripts for projects, ensure the continued high level of quality in our business systems;
- Perform testing in development and QA environments to ensure the delivery of quality end results;
- Test applications for reliability, consistency, and ease of use. Test business enhancements for quality control, by understanding business needs and requirements and testing to guarantee that enhancements, features are functioning as intended;
- Work closely with the software development team, testing software in all phases of the development cycle from early (and potentially undocumented) drafts to final stages;
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs;
- Work with internal customers to analyze, understand, and document the automation test requirements, and to identify new test cases to meet project requirements.
- Record test results, report and verify software bug fixes.
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Academic background in Engineering or similar (Software, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics);
- Mindset of quality comes first/ a day no bug is found is a bad day;
- Experience in software testing both manual and automated as well as quality assurance processes within an agile environment;
- Knowledge of test automation using python unit test framework;
- 2-5 years’ experience as Software Test engineer within embedded systems in the semiconductor and / or automotive domain;
- ISTQB certification foundation/expert (preferable);
- Proactive attitude, critical thinker and problem solver;
- Motivated individual with the ability to think outside the box;
- Good communication skills in English.
Enjoying our work and being proud of the things we do together. That is the foundation of Strypes. This comes together with smart and experienced colleagues to work with and, above all, to have a lot of fun with. And of course, an excellent package of benefits goes without saying.